Tuesday 19 January 2010

Attended WIRE meeting last night (Women in Rural Enterprise) and the need to blog was reinforced. So here I go....

My jewellery business (designing and creating) is moving on. Now focusing on preparations the BCTF trade show in Harrogate in Spring. Have redesigned my logo and now need to get a banner created, CDs reproduced and handout A6 cards. Still not sure how to manipulate pdf file to play around myself and need to ask the designer. Having had a year of blanking on how to design my display at BCTF (which is a tiny space!) I now have some ideas I think. Have taken a couple of books out of the library this morning. I need to think of arty stuff that can hang from hooks and display necklaces in a stable fashion. AHhh... Time is running out, but I must not panic.

Frustrated at the moment for having missed a Fed Ex Delivery of beads that I need to complete an order.

The first newsletter has produced sales which is great, but teething problems with the way in which it was sent. Hopefully to be resolved by the next issue.

Going to a book keeping course this week in Great Yarmouth. My accounting is fit for me, but apparently not the way it should be done and I know that I need to create a cashflow chart. Not really looking forward to any of this.

It was good to meet familiar faces at WIRE last night and hear about others problems. It is supporting to know that we (self-employed women) all battle the same difficulties. Meeting each other, gaining knowledge, tips and having a moan is good and pushes us forward. So onwards....

No comments: